Friday was busy with lots of learning and some fun thrown in for good measure. We were the first of two classes to attend the Bubble Festival. Thanks to the A1 parents who were able to help out. It gave me great pleasure to see this event revived by Mary Cannon and her crew of parent volunteers. The kids all enjoyed themselves (and I did too).
Later in the morning the students took a Language Arts Theme Test.
After lunch, we wove our final Art Vista lesson in between math, science & reading activities. Thanks very much to Jo-Ann Bowman and Gloria Collen for taking the lead on this wonderful program throughout the year. I am looking forward to the Art Show and Cultural Fair and the opportunity to see the students' work on display.
CST testing will commence one week after we return from break. All fifth grade students are assessed in Math, Language Arts AND Science. As the April Break comes to a close, please make an effort to get your son or daughter back to a regular school bedtime before Monday. Adequate sleep, exercise and nutritious food are truly the best things that we can do for our students to prepare for state testing.
Please mark Tuesday, May 10th on your calendars for Open House. The students and I look forward to having you join us in the classroom that evening.
Between state reports, theme tests, & social studies tests, I have plenty to keep me busy over the break.
Please note that our Superintendent, Dr. Vincent Matthews, is holding three community meetings to discuss the California budget situation and its impact on SJUSD school.
More information is available at:
Community Budget Meetings
I hope you enjoy some fun in the glorious weather that seems to be in store for us during the week off. I will see everyone back in A-1 refreshed and ready for the final push to June on Monday, April 18th.
No comments:
Post a Comment