Monday, May 23, 2011

This Week...

Hold onto your hats...despite the kids protests, we're still busy learning in A-1. Math continues right up to the bitter end, there is reading to do, grammar, social studies, music performance, family life, etc.

Do you have textbooks lying around at home? I know a few families do.  Please help your fifth grader by reminding them to put them in backpacks and return them to their desk. Nobody wants to be charged for a missing textbook.  Additionally, there are four outstanding library books that need to be returned - your phone may be ringing soon. ;)

We will preview the "Family Life" video for parents tomorrow (Tuesday, May 24) in my room around 3:20.  This is a new video from previous years.  It's tone and content is appropriate for students moving onto middle school. If you have any concerns, please come preview the video.  The content covers the "why & what" happens to the male and female body during puberty. Mrs. McLean & I will be supervising the viewing for the boys and handling questions.  Miss Leitner & Mrs. Jacobs will supervise the girls.   You may, if you wish, ask to have your son or daughter excused from the two lessons on the topic. You must do so in writing.

Later tomorrow evening, we will have our final Musical Performance of the year.  This is the swan song for both our 5th graders and our musical director, Bill Smethers, who has dedicated close to a decade to music at Los Alamitos. Please join us at South Hills Church.  Students should wear their school uniforms with white shirts.  I hope that all of your will join us for this final evening of music. We will be singing a tribute song to Mr. Smethers (it's a surprise) and invite you to join us.  You can preview the song here:

Mr. Smether's Song

I have only heard back from a few of the invitations that went out to our parent volunteers for the "Volunteer Tea" on May 26th at 3:30.  I hope that you will be able to join us.

I need Golfland permission slips and $11.00 entrance fee for all students this week.

Thanks,

Tracey.

No comments:

Post a Comment