Well, we did it!! 4 1/2 months of hard work and lots of learning. Time for a little R&R.
We will hit the ground running upon our return as we head off to Science Camp on our first day back to school, Tuesday, January 3, 2012. Please plan to have your student at school around 8:30-8:40 so that we can load luggage onto the truck that precedes us on the drive to camp. You are welcome to stay and wave good-bye as we pull out around 9:00 am. For the "first time" parents, tuck a tissue in your pocket but know that your son or daughter will have a ball. We will take very good care of them.
The students have no homework over the break per se but I have asked two things of them:
1) To read daily for 1/2 hour.
2) Hit 1,000,000 points for Khan Academy as a class. Pizza Lunch is on the line.
Kudos to Andrew, Brynn, Chloe, Walter and William for already doing a little Khan Academy math and keeping their brain cells active and getting the class closer to its collective goal. Students without computer access at home can always pop into a public library for a short session (and get a book).
I am looking forward to some family time with my two teenage sons and hubby. As I mentioned to the students, my father had open-heart surgery last Monday. I'm thrilled to say that he was home in four short days and is off to a good recovery. I will be traveling to British Columbia to see him and the rest of my family during the latter part of our break.
I know we are flying without a wire in heading off to science camp on our first day back. I have access to email over the break. If you have any questions/concerns then drop me an email. I will check into my work email from time to time.
Whether you celebrate Hanukkah or Christmas over the break, or simply enjoy some well-deserved family time, I wish you a peaceful break and a Happy New Year.
Tracey ~ Mrs. A.
No comments:
Post a Comment