The AAA Club (Ananmalay's Academic Adventurers) has opened and business is brisk. Please take a minute to ask your student about the AAA Club. Find out which challenge they plan to undertake first. We've already had a number of students recite the names of the continents, list the colors in the visible light spectrum and count to 20 in Spanish among other things. Mr. Ford will be thrilled to hear that one of his students can still sign the alphabet 3 years later. I learned in 3rd grade and haven't forgotten.
Two topics that I've discussed with students this week include:
1) Sleep: current research indicates that sleep is not only vital to restoring the body but that during sleep the brain "classifies" information from the day. While neuro- & cognitive scientists have much to learn, it is evident that sleep is critical for our children's intellectual development. Please help your child set and keep good sleeping habits.
2) Corrections: I've asked students to be careful and thoughtful about correcting work. I will return spelling, math and other homework that has been done incorrectly. Mistakes are important to learning. Correcting those mistakes is equally important.
A number of parents & grandparents have dropped by during the week. I welcome you to pop your head in informally after school. Generally I am on campus until at least 4 pm and I know the children enjoy showing their classroom to family members.
No comments:
Post a Comment