Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Curveballs...

... and I'm not talking about the ones thrown by the Giants pitchers.  This summer I was witness to an assault involving domestic violence.  It was a random thing that involved people who were complete strangers to me, but it was very disturbing nevertheless.  I made a 911 call and SJPD was quick on the scene and took the assailant into custody.

I've been subpoenaed to appear as a witness and....of course....the trial starts next week.  The DAs office has kindly permitted me to by on telephone stand-by as opposed to having to attend every minute of the trial.  I should have at least a day's notice, but unless a plea-bargain is made, I will need to appear in court as a witness for "the people" (I guess that's us).   I'm hoping this doesn't affect the conference schedule (coming on a note home tomorrow - Thursday) but I just wanted you to know that things might change quickly.

Stay tuned...I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment