There were definitely some jitters this morning as the class came in quiet as a pack of mute mice. Needless to say, things loosened up throughout the day. First off, a big thank you to the families who knew that "high demand" items and brought in disinfectant wipes, paper towel, extra tissue, etc. I am truly grateful for your generosity and forward thinking.
If your child's typical respoonse to "What happened at school today?" is "Stuff.", you might try eliciting information on the following:
- Are there classroom animals? Have you met them yet?
- Tell me about Think-Pair-Share.
- Why did Mrs. A show you something that wasn't written in English?
They are truly a delightful group of students. For those who started at LA, I haven't taught them since first grade science. It's a treat to get to know them as "tweens".
Homework tonight is for you. Please review the information in the orange packet with your student and return completed forms by Friday.
The students finished their day with one of our new PE teachers, Mr. Travis Wood. I expect they'll be hot, sweaty and smiling.
No comments:
Post a Comment