Wednesday, September 29, 2010

More Full Days

They really are a great group of kids:  interesting, bright and entertaining. There are moments with each that I wish I could bottle and send home in their white envelope.

In addition to homework, students have other items that went home today.  WAT packets were sent home.  Please return payments promptly so the PTA can make budget decisions and our beleaguered volunteers don't have to chase anyone down.

A few students received Conflict Manager forms.  These need to be returned to me tomorrow.

Additionally some of you may have received an invitation to join parents and teachers in a community conversation about supporting students who enjoy the benefit of two languages.  I don't think I mentioned at Back to School night that my own education was in French.  My parents are English-speaking but they chose to send me to a French school in the third grade to facilitate my acquisition of a second language.   Many A-1 students enjoy a similar situation where they develop English skills at school and an additional language at home.

We hope that if you are part of that privileged group of people who speak more than one language that you will join us in a conversation, on Oct 13,  about supporting our students so that they develop both English and their other language to their fullest potential.  The conversation will be around ideas and supporting each other.  I hope those of your who enjoy fluency in both English and another language will join us, if only to provide linguistic support to parents who may not have the same degree of comfort with English.  If you didn't receive an invitation and would like to participate, please contact the office at 535-6297.  Those interested should RSVP to the office at the same number.

No comments:

Post a Comment