Thursday, August 21, 2014

Tech Kind of Day - Thursday, August 21, 2014

We spent a lot of time getting up close and personal with our computers today.  Following a little time outside reviewing our P.R.I.D.E rules, we organized binders, labeled workbooks and did other "housekeeping" activities.

For math, the students logged into Khan Academy and worked on the the assignments that I had given them online.  I will speak a little bit about math next week at Back to School Night, but I will also schedule a second parent meeting where we can talk in depth about the Common Core curriculum and the tools that we use in A-1 to support math learning.

We had an extra P.E. class today (Thanks Miss Edgar!) and then spent the afternoon in a quick assembly with Mr. Rousseau followed by an on-line discussion about the pros & cons of the Inuit seal hunt using Edmodo.  If you have time and a computer at home, have your students show you their Edmodo account.  I will provide you codes for a parent account at Back to School Night.

Homework

Math:  Worksheet - skip #6
Language Arts:  Read 20+ minutes (spelling begins next week)

No comments:

Post a Comment